EyeSeeCam vHIT provides quick and objective measurements of the vestibular ocular reflex (VOR) through head impulse testing to complement the VNG test battery.
EyeSeeCam vHIT captures eye movement, displays the head and eye movements simultaneously in realtime, analyzes the data and then provides a simple graphical presentation of the results. This information is then used to determine further recommendations for the care of the patient.
- User guide to help generate accurate head impulses
- Lightweight & superior goggle design to reduce slippage
- Can test the left or right eye
- Measures instantaneous gain and velocity regression
- Displays overt and covert saccades, gain and 3D graphics
Head Impulse Testing
The vHIT measures the patient’s vestibulo-ocular reflex (VOR) in response to head movement. A healthy vestibular system allows the patient to keep his eyes fixated on a stationary target during a head thrust. Corrective eye movements, known as “catch-up saccades”, take place during or after the head thrust with patients who cannot maintain fixation on the target.